Those in the know consider safe Hands Insurance Group as one of Australia’s best insurance brokers for hairdressers, stylists and beauticians. Because we have a deep understand the hairdressing & beauty industry, we already have the ability to provide quality insurance products that actually meet your requirements.
Our range of clients include hairdressers, hairdressing salons, barbers, barber shops, mobile hairdressers, mobile beauticians, and the like. So, regardless of whether you work with makeup, hair or any other area of cosmetic treatment, hair and beauty insurance is essential for assuring the right level of protection against problems such as malpractice claims, public liability and goods sold.
Safe Hands offer a broad range of insurance options, with policy covers including contents & public liability. Some of the services that we can provide cover for include:
- Alpha Hydroxy Acid Facial Bleaching & Streaking Blow Drying & Heating Chemical Peel Facial
- Ear Candling & Reflexology Epidermabrasion
- Eyebrow & Hair Plucking Eyebrow Tinting & Shaping Eyelash Tinting & Perming False Nails & Nail Extensions Fixing of False Eyelashes Hair Cutting
- Hair Electrolysis & Epilation Hair Extensions
- Lymphatic Drainage Make-Up Application Microdermabrasion
- Mud Baths & Mud Masks
- Nail Art & Pedicures
- Paraffin Masque Facial
- Retailing of Hair/Beauty Products Salt Scrubs, Seaweed & Body Wraps Shampooing & Conditioning
- Shaving & Clipping
- Singeing & Tinting
- Skin Analysis
- Spray Tanning
- Steam Spas & Steam Treatments Skin Analysis
- Steam Spas & Steam Treatments
- Temporary Tattoos
- Waving & Straightening
- Waxing & Hair Removal
Unarguably, the most common types of liability claims made against hairdressers, and beauticians and the like is treatment liability. It could be something as simple as an otherwise benign hair bleaching process that wrongly discolours or affects the hair of a client, or a tattoo removal scarring the skin, or a spray tan that causes dermatitis or a rash. Due to the nature of these incidents, they can be very costly – both regarding the legal settlements but also the legal costs associated.
Other than these treatment risks, other scenarios should also be considered. Many salons have polished floors which are aesthetically pleasing; however, they do heighten the possibility of slips and falls – particularly when there is hair, liquids or other items on the floor. I’m sure you’ve noticed it yourself – just minutes after you clean the floor, the floor needs to be cleaning again. It is a natural side effect of running a salon, but something you should be covered for.
Turning to the property cover, there will always be the fit out that should be considered. Including the glass, the seating, the electronics, and of course the stock – very expensive if damaged and if replacement is needed. From experience, theft and burglary are the most frequently occurring claims, so we’d suggest that this cover is vital and should be insured for the “full replacement value” of all the contents. Did you know that even if you lease the Building, your lease agreement can potentially require you, the tenant to insure the glass and/ or the building? We suggest therefore that you pay particular attention to your lease agreement.
Some of the covers that Safe Hands Insurance can provide can provide tailored protection for include:
- Public & Products liability
- Treatment risk and medical malpractice
- Business Interruption
- Business Contents (for theft, fire, water damage, etc. and also for your portable items like stock, brushes, etc.)
- Personal Accident (i.e. income protection in the event that you are injured and unable to earn an income)
Working together with you, we strive to provide an individualised beauty insurance policy that has you protected against a range of exposures. Contact us today as to how we can assist you to make sure you are appropriately covered and your premiums as competitive as possible.